Books are the gateway to imagination

Books are the gateway to imagination
Morgan welcomes you to her personal blog

Monday, December 29, 2014

Disappointed in Amazon

Okay, I'm trying to understand this
It isn't supposed to happen this way. At least I don't think it is. 

The other day I submitted reviews of four books I'd read to Amazon. Within a few hours, all four were rejected, saying they didn't fit the Amazon guidelines.

I wrote a complaint email to them asking why one word reviews like, "funny" or "awesome" fit their supposed guidelines and yet my reviews, that did adhere to those guidelines, were rejected. I copied and pasted three examples of one to three word reviews of a Janet Evanovich book to illustrate what I meant.

Never got an answer. Didn't know if I was acting paranoid, but I decided I must be on some sort of list where my reviews will automatically get rejected. That couldn't be possible--could it? 
Something is rotten in Denmark

Just for fun, tonight I decided to copy one of the four they rejected without making any changes whatsoever, and then submitted it from another Amazon account. An hour later, when I checked to see if it was published, there it was. This review that supposedly didn't fit their guidelines, was now published.

Maybe that's why I never received a reply to the complaint email, wherein I asked for justification of why those one word reviews, like "funny," that so clearly didn't fit their guidelines were published and mine didn't. Probably didn't receive and answer because there was no justification other than my account possibly being on some sort of a blockage list. 

Aha. A  great idea.

I'm going to try submitting the other three rejects tomorrow to see if the same thing happens. If it does, I've gotta say it ticks me off. It makes me wonder how many reviews of my own books might have been caught in a "round file" conundrum. I do know of two that were rejected the same way because they were sent to me directly after they were rejected.

Stay posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment