Books are the gateway to imagination

Books are the gateway to imagination
Morgan welcomes you to her personal blog

Friday, January 30, 2015

RAINY DAY IN LAS VEGAS

Looking out the window at the rain here in Las Vegas. Of course, people on the East Coast or Pacific Northwest would call it a slight drizzle.

Still, we have to take precautions when it rains because we have areas that get flash floods due to the normally dry conditions and some other factors.

We are in the foothills, so it doesn't get as bad as it does in the Las Vegas Valley, but just a few miles away some of the streets become hazardous when we have any ongoing rain. My Mustang is low, so I have to be particularly careful if I decide to venture out into a downpour. As for little Dylan the Dog, he won't go out! Hope he doesn't have an accident in the house. I need a "doggie litter" box.

Good day to write, listen to some good music or watch an oldie on TV.

Okay, okay, call us wimps, but we are not used to adverse weather conditions.

By the way, this IS Las Vegas, but certainly not your vision of the Strip. See we really do have neighborhoods with houses, shopping malls, grocery stores, and more. I never go to the Strip unless I have to or perhaps there is something I really want to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment