Books are the gateway to imagination

Books are the gateway to imagination
Morgan welcomes you to her personal blog

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I was not meant to get up at 4:45 in the morning!

Yesterday I got up at 4:45 in the morning to catch an early flight to Portland OR. I'd decided to try Southwest because not only were they almost $200 cheaper than the other carriers but they also didn't charge for checked luggage. For an extra $10 each way I was able to buy priority check in so they automatically check you in when the flight is available. Let me state here, without qualification, I AM NOT AN EARLY MORNING PERSON.

Once at LAX, I must say I was pleasantly surprised. The check in was swift--I was number 40 and able to get my preferred aisle seat, the flight attendants were courteous and had a great sense of humor and we arrived on time. Wow. What a concept.

Anyway, I arrived at 10:30 because we had a stop in Oakland. I was met by my sister Phyllice. How great to see her. I'm here in McMinnville OR because we are plotting the next Silver Sisters crime caper, but of course we tooled around Portland yesterday after meeting my nephew for lunch. The servings were so big at Gravy, that we also had unknowlingly purchased our dinners.

Back here at Phyllice's 100+ year old house in the cute town of McMinnville we continued our sister catch-up since we hadn't seen each other in almost two years. That's a long time for us. However, by about 8:30 that evening my ass was dragging. Still, had to watch America's Got Talent and White Collar. Somewhere in the middle of the night I realized that the warm form next to my legs was Phyllice's Bengal cat who has taken a liking to me and now follows me around.

Today it is time to work and begin to figure out who does what to whom and why. Ah, pursuit of the crime and mapping it all out. It is a good thing we decided early on what the ground rules would be because I see we have slightly divergent ideas for Diamonds in the Dumpster. This afternoon will be interesting as we figure out what will be happening with Godiva's new boyfriend, how Flossie and Sterling get invoved (and as always, in trouble) and what the title is really hinting at.

More later about how this is all progressing. It is such a change of pace to be in a small town. I'm a big city girl and can handle small towns for a week or two. This time it's for a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment