Books are the gateway to imagination

Books are the gateway to imagination
Morgan welcomes you to her personal blog

Thursday, March 8, 2012

American Idol stuck in a rut

I think I've hit on one thing that really needs to be changed on American Idol. The judges need a vocabulary transplant. I can't believe how many times they gush "amazing," "beautiful," "you nailed it," and "we love you because..."

Come on. You guys are entertainers. Surely you can come up with some creative adjectives. How about plugging those expressions into the online Thesaurus to get some alternatives.

Lots of people say they miss Simon's actual critiques although sometimes he was pretty snarky. Still he tried to give real world advice to the contestants and rarely used all of the superlatives above. Now when Randy tries to say something of value, the audience boos.

Gotta say, I think I prefer the format of The Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment