Books are the gateway to imagination

Books are the gateway to imagination
Morgan welcomes you to her personal blog

Saturday, December 21, 2019

COFFEE HOUSE TOURS SIGNING AT GROUCHY JOHN'S

Yesterday I had the pleasure of sharing a signing table with fellow writer and Coffee House Tours member Cynthia DeBoers. It was my first experience of doing a signing with this group. Kudos to Vickie Ann Bush and her team for putting together and maintaining this unique way for writers to meet their public.

Book stores and libraries are always a good venue, but there is so much more. With an organization managing alternative bookings, it allows the writers to do what they have to do--write books and promote them. I am so glad I discovered this group.

Image may contain: 4 people, including Heather Graham Pozzessere, people smilingThanks to those who stopped by to chat and buy books. Talking about writing is one of my favorite things. As we gear up for Christmas, it's nice to be able to sit at a table in a very cool coffee house and chat with a fellow writer and the customers. Be sure to watch for postings for upcoming events from CHT. I understand there are now 40 members and 2020 will be a very active year..

This was the first time for me to use my new table runner, and I loved it. What fun to have a photo of me looking just about identical to the runner that draped my side of the table as I held up WRITERS' TRICKS OF THE TRADE.

I would be remiss if I didn't add a plug for the new edition of WRITERS' TRICKS OF THE TRADE, the book, updated and added to for 2020. It was originally compiled from my most read columns when I was writing for examiner.com while it was in publication. Totally, I've written over 600 published articles and 18 books, so you can feel confident that the information I offer in this book will be of value to writers at all stages of their career. Plain language, some humor, what worked and what didn't alerts you to pitfalls, and there is something for everyone. http://bit.ly/WTT-2020-4. If you buy a paperback on Amazon to keep handy for quick reference at your desk, you can get the Kindle edition free. The introductory prices will be good through January 31, 2020.

Happy holidays to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment