Books are the gateway to imagination

Books are the gateway to imagination
Morgan welcomes you to her personal blog

Wednesday, August 7, 2024

WHERE DOES THE TIME GO?

Living in Las Vegas, summer's soaring temperatures come with the territory. We have had one of the hottest summers on record and that is not great for inspiring creativity. Sure we huddle in our air conditioned homes or apartments, get into our air conditioned cars and drive to our air conditioned destination but it just isn't the same as when our weather morphs into wonderful days.

Today I finally got the ambition to update my appearances on my website, www.morganstjames-author.com, I couldn't believe how much time had passed since my last blog post or update. Yes, I did venture out into the oven a few times a week, but also stayed in my nice cool home much more often than normal and watched lots of TV and played games on my phone which is not typical for me. I assured myself that those games are wonderful for keeping my mental processes sharp, and they are. Besides, who can resist a Perry Mason marathon. I am up to Season 6.

Interesting little side note. My first job out of school was working as a receptionist for a Beverly Hills theatrical business manager. One of the clients was the then story editor for Perry Mason which was in its second year of production. The producers had been reluctant to hire Raymond Burr for the lead because he was quite overweight. However, he lost a considerable amount of weight and it is hard to imagine anyone else in that part. Not only that, but my first new car was a 1959 Ford Galaxy Convertible and guess what Mason drove in several episodes---yep, a car just like mine. I was 20 years old with long black hair and kept the top down as much as possible. If it was cold, I blasted the heater.


Anyway, an A-Type like me can kick back for only so long, so here is the update. I have been booking new appearances and just updated my website. Two new books are partially written, but they have been on hold for a while. I am considering doing some TikTok book videos injected with humor and we will see how that goes. My son Jason is a real commedian and he suggested including the comedy along with  snippets about some of my books and those of other authors. 


Some of you might remember my wonderful late dog Dylan who crossed the Rainbow Bridge . The current canine members of our household are my rescue dog Cucumber and Jason's rescue bulldog Junie B Jones. Both of them are characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment